Lumpy’s Links for 2016.01.17
Got em done and forgot to put them up… doh!
Here they are:
- Ludicrous – A man fleeing authorities because of an active warrant, didn’t like his mug shot. So Donald A. “Chip” Pugh sent the police a selfie to use instead! … get this, the dude is not alone in selfie stupidity, Victor Almanza-Martinez, took a break from armed robbery to exchange SnapChat information and take a selfie (with one of the victims).
- Useful – Once I had someone, trying to use impressive words, tell me “now that you have gained expedience, you should be constantly improvising at your job”. I bet that person would benefit from The Top Ten Confused Words. (Not that I would ever split hares over something like that.)
- Music – I heard The Violent Femmes’ are releasing an album. I share an NPR sneak peek after the break.
- Photo – This photo of the makes for an awesome desktop wallpaper.
- Yours (Something from the web’s social networks) – Nothing this week
- Science – In space this week, SpaceX got the satellite up but had a rough landing
The Violent Femmes’ – Memory
There are pre-order links at the All Songs Considered post.
Thanks for reading and feel free to comment. Please remember to support the indie artist by buying their merchandise, seeing them live and by spreading the word about their music.
- Violent Femmes announce first album in 15 years (rawstory.com)
- Violent Femmes announce We Can Do Anything, their first album in 16 years (consequenceofsound.net)
- Violent Femmes say ‘We Can Do Anything’ on first new LP in 15 years, due in March (brooklynvegan.com)