Lumpy’s Links for 2016.01.24
This week, the planets are in alignement, a free logo maker, a tribute to David Bowie, and a tire slashing monk. The list is after the break
Continue reading “2016.01.24 – Lumpy’s Links”
Lumpy’s Links for 2016.01.17
Got em done and forgot to put them up… doh!
Here they are:
- Ludicrous – A man fleeing authorities because of an active warrant, didn’t like his mug shot. So Donald A. “Chip” Pugh sent the police a selfie to use instead! … get this, the dude is not alone in selfie stupidity, Victor Almanza-Martinez, took a break from armed robbery to exchange SnapChat information and take a selfie (with one of the victims).
- Useful – Once I had someone, trying to use impressive words, tell me “now that you have gained expedience, you should be constantly improvising at your job”. I bet that person would benefit from The Top Ten Confused Words. (Not that I would ever split hares over something like that.)
- Music – I heard The Violent Femmes’ are releasing an album. I share an NPR sneak peek after the break.
- Photo – This photo of the makes for an awesome desktop wallpaper.
- Yours (Something from the web’s social networks) – Nothing this week
- Science – In space this week, SpaceX got the satellite up but had a rough landing
Continue reading “Lumpy’s Links for 2016.01.17”
Here they are:
- Ludicrous – How about a software glitch releasing inmates early? Okay, so it does happen. What if it was happening since 2002?
- Useful – Last year lifehacker put up a list of MacGyver tips. In my opinion, the best of the bunch is Tokyo Disaster Preparedness Guide
- Music –
- Photo – Geminid Meteors over Xinglong Observatory
- Yours (Something from the web’s social networks)- I got this list of translation errors years ago, but it was well worth a repost.
- Science – We have all seen images of the solar system. However, it is unlikely that you have ever seen one to scale. On Christmas Day, the Astronomy Photo of the Day (APOD) put up a a video of some folks creating a scale model in the desert. I shared the video after the break. You even get to hear from some of the Apollo astronauts at the end.
Continue reading “2016.01.03-LumpysLinks”
Lumpy’s Links for 2015.12.27
I hope you all had a great holiday. I will be rather sparse between now and the first of the year. Enjoy the last link list of 2015!
Here they are:
- Ludicrous – This week’s was a no-brainer. A shoplifer is thwarted by exploding cookie dough.
- Useful – I found this post abouthow to clean a computer keyboard. I think most of us could benefit from this.
- Music – Want to lay down some beats? Check out the The HTML-909 Rhythm Composer! (Kudos to Never Enough Notes for sharing it on Facebook.)
- Photo – You will likely need to zoom in a bit to see it but check out this red sprite captured by NASA from the ISS.
- Yours (Something from the web’s social networks) – This week I went with a tweet from @ScienceChannel, they call it the doorway to Hell which has currently been open for 40 years!
- Science – Light is the fastest thing in the universe. It travels about 100 times faster than electricity and can circle the globe in 0.1 seconds. I would be wonderful if electronics could use light. Scientist have developed a CMOS chip that can process both light and electricity.
Thanks for reading and feel free to comment, share and, if you wish, hit me with a PayPal Tip
Lumpy’s Links for 2015.12.08
Yup, I am late again. Sorry, but the non-cyber world has me way too busy. It will slow down soon though.
Nonetheless, here they are:
- Ludicrous – Check out the latest adventure of Bud Weisser
- Useful – I was actually having a hard time with this one this week. Until I went to my To Do list. Check out Workflowy
- Music – I knew it was going to be the one the instant I saw it. The Libertarian version of Star Wars. Watch it after the break below.
- Photo – While this one is a bit dated, it is still worth a post. Check out this pulse from a black hole.
- Yours (Something tweeted to me or emailed)- I hit on this one in #blaster channel on the Geekshed IRC Network, the top animals of 2015.
- Science – This week my pick is a nifty Anaptar Calendar. This calendar lets you explore the solar system all 366 days of 2016.
Continue reading “Lumpy’s Links for 2015.12.08”
Lumpy’s Links for 2015.11.30
I know I am a day late …better late than never.
Here they are:
- Ludicrous – There is no limit to what criminals do. Sometimes stupid, sometimes creative, always wrong, too often hurtful, and, in this case, simply strange. After realizing a child was in a car they stole, they dropped the kid off at school!
- Useful – While you are going to have use Google translate, this is a list of the most returned items. In other words, stuff not to buy.
- Music – While I grew up with MTv, the truth is most music videos are not that great. Here is a Red Lips cover that is just off the hook! GTA – Red Lips. Kudos to io9 for the find.
- PPhoto – I totally agree with io9, the US Navy nailed The Force Awakens with the best spoof to date
- Yours – Nothing this week
- Science – The article refers to it as Flower Power, a circuit inside a rose!